Specialty Services We Offer
The Law Office of Williams & Associates, P.C., advises clients on the full spectrum of state and federal tax matters, including many specialty services such as IRS Private Letter Ruling requests. From our office in Sacramento, our lawyers represent individuals and business owners from California, throughout the United States and abroad.
Customized Tax Services For Our Legal Clients
The following are examples of some of the specialty legal services we provide:
- IRS Private Letter Ruling (PLR) requests: When your business needs greater certainty regarding a complex tax situation, our attorneys apply to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for a private letter ruling.
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests and litigation: Our lawyers often use FOIA requests to gather information that the government may have about your case. In some cases, government files may be based on erroneous information from third parties. If the tax agency doesn’t respond to our request for information, we can pursue relief through litigation.
- Circular 230 matters: We represent Certified Public Accountants before the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR).
- Expert witness testimony: Our attorneys serve as expert witnesses in court cases involving tax issues.
- Grand jury representation: Our lawyers advise targets and witnesses who have been asked to testify before a grand jury.
- California attorney-client fee arbitration representation: If you think your former attorney overcharged you for legal services, our lawyers can represent you in an arbitration proceeding before The State Bar of California to request your refund.
Have a Specific Request? We’re Here To Help.
We serve clients in California, in nearly every state, and around the globe from our offices in Sacramento. To discuss your tax matter, call (916) 488-8501 or toll-free at (800) 684-7147, or email our office.