Our California and Multistate Tax Practice
If you have a business or taxable interest in California, you may have tax obligations with one or more of California’s tax agencies. At the Law Office of Williams & Associates, P.C., our attorneys regularly represent individuals and businesses in tax disputes before authorities such as the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB), the Employment Development Department (EDD), the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) and the California State Board of Equalization (BOE).
With offices in Sacramento, we are minutes away from California’s tax agencies. With a power of attorney, we can appear before tax authorities on your behalf.
We Can Help with Your California Tax Issues
California tax authorities have increased audit and enforcement efforts in disputes involving state income taxes, payroll taxes, sales and use taxes, excise taxes and property taxes. The following are examples of the types of issues we handle:
- Audits, appeals, protests, and settlements
- California residency and nexus issues
- California voluntary disclosure and amnesty programs
- California tax collection matters
Our firm has been recognized annually as a Metropolitan Tier 1 Tax Litigation “Best Law Firm” by U.S. News & World Report every year since 2013.
We Serve Clients from 46 States and Counting
You do not have to live in California to face state tax challenges based in California. The following are examples of the types of issues we handle for clients from other states:
- California income tax audits and appeals
- California sales and use tax, and excise tax audits and appeals
- Multistate nexus and residency matters
- Exit strategies if you are changing your residency from California to another state