Experience. Dedication. Results.
- Senior Associate
- Senior Associate
Anita Falk is a Senior Associate Attorney with the firm who has practiced federal and state law for over 20 years representing individual, corporate, and business clients. She has represented clients before the Internal Revenue Service, California Franchise Tax Board, Employment Development Department, and State Board of Equalization. Anita has assisted hundreds of clients with IRS domestic and offshore voluntary disclosure programs. Her vast experience includes audits and appeals concerning income, employment, and sales and use tax matters. Anita also has expertise in all tax collection matters resolving levies and lien issues, including those impacting short sales or the refinancing of real property, Collection Due Process hearings, Innocent Spouse, claims for refund, protective claims, installment agreements, offers in compromise, penalty abatement, trust fund recovery penalty, arbitration, and tax litigation.
Anita has worked extensively with IRS Revenue Officers, Revenue Agents, Collection Group Managers, Offer Specialists, Appeals and Settlement Officers, Special Agents, as well as Taxpayer Advocates from Internal Revenue Service field offices throughout the United States. Previously, Anita worked as a Public Adjustor in California representing policyholders when claims arose for property loss, business interruption, and other insured claims.
Anita is admitted to practice by the State Bar of California and the Eastern District of the United States District Court in California. Before attending law school, Anita earned her Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, with a minor in Rhetoric, from the University of California, Davis. She previously served as the Chair for the Sacramento County Bar Association, Taxation Section.
Areas of Practice
- Federal and California Tax Controversy - Audit Representation and Collection Matters
- IRS Administrative Appeals
- Civil Tax Fraud Defense
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program regarding Bank Accounts and Asset Disclosure
- Federal and California Employment Tax and Trust Fund Recovery Penalty Defense
- California Franchise Tax Board, State Board of Equalization and Employment Development Department Representation
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- University of California, Davis
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Rhetoric
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Sacramento County Bar Association, Taxation Section, Past Chair