Tax Refund Lawyers

If you overpaid a tax or have penalties assessed, our lawyers may be able to help you get your money back with interest by filing a claim for refund.  Sometimes penalties may also be abated.  However, it is important to contact us promptly.  Specific statutes of limitations apply, and if you wait too long you may not be eligible for a refund.

If you are claiming a tax refund, representing yourself can be a costly mistake.  An experienced lawyer can objectively advocate for your position.

At the Law Office of Williams & Associates, PC, we concentrate on tax law issues such as tax refunds and abatement of penalties.  From our office in Sacramento, our attorneys represent individuals and businesses from California, throughout the United States and abroad.

Our attorneys file claims for refund and abatement (Form 843) with the IRS, as well as refunds from state tax agencies such as the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB), the Employment Development Department (EDD), and the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA - formerly the State Board of Equalization (BOE)).

If the tax authority denies your claim for a refund, our attorneys can file a lawsuit against the agency in the U.S. District Court, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims or state court.

Our lawyers also file claims for levy release, lien release and returns of garnished wages.

Contact a Sacramento Tax Claims Attorney

For more information or to schedule a consultation with a tax refund attorney at the Law Office of Williams & Associates, PC, call 916-488-8501 (800-684-7147 toll free) or fill out the contact form on this site.